Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 13, 2012

LOVE Blocks


I decided that a Valentine decoration was needed in my living room this year. So I got creative!

Materials Used:
  • 4 - 3" wooden blocks [purchased at a local hobby store]
  • brown paint
  • black paint
  • cardstock
  • printed paper
  • vinyl letters
  • embellishments
  • ribbon
  • mod podge/glue
I painted the blocks with a couple of coats of the brown paint. Then I cut out four cardstock squares at 2 3/4" squares. I mod podged them on, followed by four more squares cut from printed paper cut to 2 1/2". I cut my vinyl letters with my Cricut, but you could also use stickers or paper, etc. I stuck those on and covered the whole thing with more mod podge. I decided to brush on a bit of accent paint and glued some embellishments on two of the blocks. Then I just stacked them and tied a ribbon around the whole thing. I L-O-V-E it!

Linked up to Thrifty Thursday at Saved by Love Creations.
To view a complete list of the sites we like to link-up to, please click the She Links Up! tab at the top of the blog. Thank you!

No comments: