[Sorry! No photo -- but you probably know what gingerbread looks like.]
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened (probably could use salted and then omit the salt)
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 c milk
- 1 c molasses (don't use blackstrap, just regular ol' molasses from the grocery store)
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 T ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Cream butter and sugar together. Add the beaten eggs and mix well. Add the milk and molasses.
Sift the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and beat well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
|this is a good one, if you have TJs nearby|
I like to make a quick cream cheese-lemon curd frosting to make this gingerbread really special:
Mix together really well:
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- lemon curd, to taste -- about half a jar or so?
p.s. If you wanna get all pretty and fancy (and you happen to have a lemon in your fridge), you can sprinkle fresh lemon zest on top. Yum!
Gingerbread recipe source: Beat This! Cookbook
Frosting source: unknown, saw somewhere online...