Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

My kids have been begging me for cookies. I guess they are ready for my baking to be in full-swing again! I took the summer off, but I think that it's time.

Anyway, so with the begging there were requests for chocolate chip cookies, but this Mama doesn't have any chips around, so I went looking for a recipe that would make everyone happy -- cookies for the littles and ingredients that work for me!

I love the name of the website where I found this recipe: My Baking Addiction.

Now go make these cookies that just scream "fall!"

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies (makes 24)

Whisk together in a bowl:
2 1/3 cups flour (I changed this and used 1 1/3 white flour and 1 whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (didn't have this so I threw in cinnamon and nutmeg and some other stuff)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (I added this... just 'cause.)

In your mixer, beat for 2 minutes:
1 stick butter (8 Tbsp), room temp
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup molasses
2/3 cup pumpkin puree

Add 1 large egg and beat for another minute.
Reduce speed to low and pour in dry ingredients until it is all "just mixed" together. Do not over-beat. The dough will be very soft and sticky. Divide the dough in half and put each piece in plastic wrap. Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Take out one package of dough and divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, toss it around in the bowl of sugar and press it onto a cookie sheet with the bottom of a glass. Shoot for 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Do the same thing for the second package of dough.

Now I am going to go make some hot apple cider to go with them.......