Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Previously Seen on Another Blog

I published a blog from July 2006 until May 2010.  I pretty much wrote about whatever I wanted to, so that meant I covered scrapbooking, gardening, food, homeschooling, church, travel, my kids, whatever brilliant thought was passing through my head...  Anyway, here are a few recipe posts from that blog that you may enjoy:


This is a very simple recipe.... It's a really good bread to have with homemade soups, stews, and chilis.

Oatmeal Scones

I've been making these scones for years, ever since my friend JoAlice gave me the recipe that she got from the Scottish Lion Inn, North Conway, NH.   One time I left out the sugar by mistake and they still tasted pretty good!

More Yummy Scones 

These are similar to the Oatmeal Scones above but include dried cranberries and walnuts.

Indoor S'Mores

Yum and quick and will make your children (and/or spouse) love you ever so much more so.


How can you go wrong with avocado, tomato, a bit o' cheese, ...  You can use whatever cheese you like or just leave it out.  Good olive oil, good bread, and freshly ground black pepper and sea salt makes it bestest but you can sub with whatever you have on hand.  Sprouts are optional but add a bit of health as well as nice crunch.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Emily. I will have to try the open-faced sandwiches. They look divine! Now if I can find a decent avocado... (Tami - Laura's friend)