And now for an edition of "She tries her hand at reupholstering a chair with no experience or instructions... just a strong will, determined to have a beautiful chair in her living room!"
|First pad is covered, but you get|
the idea of what it looked like before.
First I removed the covers and pulled them apart with my seam ripper. Then laid them out on the backside of the new fabric (keeping the front faced down on both pieces) and pinned them together. Once I did this, I basically created a pattern for myself and I cut around the pieces, creating new pieces. Just like a pattern, the old fabric had those triangular shaped notches cut into it, so I just followed along and cut them out of the new fabric as well. These notches helped me line up the pieces and I pinned them together and sewed them.
|Cutting along the edges of the old fabric.|
|Pinning the pieces together to sew.|
|It's put together, time to stuff!|
|The stuffing fits perfectly!!!|
|Had to add straps to hook it on the back|
of the chair. Buttons on the front to
hold it together.
The hardest part was the zipper, but luckily that goes to the back and no one will ever know that it is crazy back there (except for all of you). Anyway. I am really happy with my results and even MORE happy with my savings. Nothing like a "new" chair!