Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

She Transitions

So I've been pretty quiet on the blog lately because of the fact that there's been a Whole Lotta Transition Going On. 

Our family currently lives in two states (for reals, not just states of being) and has just moved house for the fall semester.  My husband and son left our home in central North Carolina in mid-August and drove up to our other home in northern Indiana.  They both started school (husband teaching, son is a junior in college) a few days after arriving.  The girls and I departed NC several days later and made a stop in central Pennsylvania to visit family, arriving at our home-away-from-home here in the north in late August.  Then, a few days after that, we packed up older daughter and took her to her new home-at-college in Michigan! 

By the first of September my husband, younger daughter, and I were settling into life with just-the-three-of-us.... we are adjusting and I think probably in another week or so a certain amount of new-normal will have set in and I won't feel quite so discombobulated!  We have begun our homeschooling year -- youngest daughter is 13 and will be doing "8th grade" work this year and the routines of our life as a (smaller) family are being established. 

Green beans, potatoes, broccoli,
blueberries -- all from local farms.

As so much changes in my family's life, I am grateful for the predictability of certain things -- both small and not-so small.  Of making meals, sharing good times with friends and neighbors, attending church services, enjoying football weekends.  I'm also thankful for the predictable seasonal changes that go on around me, regardless of the difference and "abnormality" of my current life.


Fresh bread, acorn squash, eggplant,
eggs, Thai food (!), and a
yummy vanilla-scented candle.
There's also a really awesome Italian deli
at the Market and I picked up
two balls of their pizza dough too.

This morning I visited the farmers' market in town and was relieved that it looked and smelled pretty much the same as it did the last time I was there in September 2009.  I walked up and down the aisles probably several more times than I really needed to, telling myself that I needed to see what everyone had to offer before making my purchases.  I think I was getting my bearings in more ways than one.

No comments: