Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Broken Book

Do your kids have a favorite book? Can you tell what book this is? It is in HORRIBLE condition because it is loved so much! Not a bad problem to have, except that it's pretty hard to read it when it's looking like this...

Now, I am no expert, but I knew there had to be a way for me to put these pages back into their hardcover jacket.
So I decided to cut the ripped parts off and get the insides of the book all cleaned up and looking as good as new possible.
I used my straight trimmer (cuts large pieces of paper) to cut strips of paper 3" wide. I had to use two strips per side of the book because of how tall this book is. Once I cut the strips, I used Modge Podge (since it's super spreadable) and painted it onto the strips and glued the strips to the book to give it new strength. I wish I had a better color, but oh well. Two year olds don't care.
They just love to read about their favorite things!

No comments: