Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 21, 2011

She Enjoys the Harvest (Week 7)

Been off my normal routine the last few weeks with picking up my basket and using it frequently... went on a vacation... crazy schedule... sickness for the whole family, etc.
But we're back! And we're excited by this week's basket! I wasn't able to get a picture of everything that was in there before hubby put some stuff away in the fridge...

I wonder what that little hand is reaching for?!?!

But it was a pretty good amount of stuff this week!
  • 6 lbs-ish red potatoes
  • 4 onions
  • bag of pears
  • pineapple (!!!)
  • bunch of bananas
  • 4 yellow squash
  • spinach
  • celery
  • pack of cherry tomatoes
  • several oranges
  • 4 grapefruits (or oblancos)
  • there might have been more that I didn't see, but that's what I can share...
Anyway. We plan to use the veggies in our Thanksgiving meal prep and the pineapple is already cut up for snacks. I love to use oranges in my Hot Spiced Apple Cider (I poke the cloves into the orange and float them in the crock pot with the cider while it is heating up).

More about using fresh veggies and fruit later!
Have a very yummy Thanksgiving Week!!!

No comments: