Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Meals from the Basket (Laura's Edition)

So I’m staring at my Bountiful Basket items and this soup sort of came to life as I went along.
Which is how I generally cook, anyway. =)

From the Basket: onion, squash, red peppers

Harvest Tomato Soup
Click here for Printable

Ingredients:
  • 50/50 ratio of organic ground beef (Costco) & bulk pork sausage (home grown or buy quality) equaling 1½ lbs.
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped small
  • 1 onion, slice then quarter each slice
  • 2 red peppers, chop small
  • 2-3 squash, ½” slices and then quarter each slice
  • Rosemary, dried or fresh
  • Oregano, dried or fresh
  • Basil (I had some from the freezer that I grew this summer)
  • S & P to taste
  • 1 can beef stock
  • 1 quart canned pureed tomato (or 2 cans tomato sauce from the store)
Directions:
Brown ground beef and sausage; leave somewhat chunky.  Before it’s completely brown, add in garlic, onions and peppers until softened.  Add squash in last; don’t overcook.  Add rosemary, oregano, basil and S&P.  Deglaze pan with beef stock.  Finally add tomato sauce.  Simmer until all flavors are incorporated.  Enjoy!
This is Natalie... I made Laura's soup and here is what my
husband's bowl looked like... :-)

No comments: