Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Chili

Here's a super easy, super yummy recipe for chili! Family favorite... I make it from memory. :-)

Tried & True Chili

My 8-year old really wanted to take the photo this time...
You'll need:

1 lb ground beef
1 small chopped onion
3 cans of beans (I use 2 kidney and 1 black)
1 quart tomato sauce
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp water
Toppings

Brown the ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain fat. Add the beans (drained and rinsed) and the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Make a paste from the chili powder, flour, salt and water and stir it into the pot. Cook on low heat for at least 45 minutes until beans are soft and flavors are well mixed. Stir every so often.

Serve with your favorite toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, etc.)

I also really enjoy fixing some cornbread to serve with this chili. My favorites are Trader Joes and Marie Callendars.