Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 22, 2012

Trick or Treat...Smell my Really Cute Feet


Here's a fun activity to do with your kids for the month of October: Candy Corn Footprints.

I found a similar idea online and created this decoration for my home. I happened to have two frames that I had bought for 25cents each at a yard sale. We had spray painted them black and they were just sitting around waiting for something to frame! Fortunately my two littlest kids both wanted to participate so I used the frames for this project.

Materials:
  • Black Construction Paper
  • White Paint
  • Orange Paint
  • Yellow Paint
  • Foam Brush
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Patterned Paper
  • Sticker Letters (or markers, etc.)
  • Frame
Paint the bottoms of each foot like a candy corn (toes are yellow, middle of the foot is orange and the heal is white) and stamp them on the construction paper. After it dries, cut out the feet and glue them to a piece of patterened paper (cut to the size of your frame, in my case I used 8x10). Spell out whatever you want. We did "Trick or Treat... Smell my Feet! Give me something Good to Eat!" Then I did my kids' initials and the year.

My plan is to hang these each October and it will be fun to look at their little feet for many Halloweens to come!

No comments: