Cheap Food with a Million Dollar Taste!!!
I got this recipe from a friend of mine a hundred years ago. It's so simple to make and totally cheap ingredients....but yet just a total yummy comfort food. Enjoy.
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1-1/4 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. polish sausage or kielbasa or hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted or use this great substitute from a previous She Who Makes post: Cream of whatever soup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, hot dogs, onion and peas. Combine the soup, butter, mustard and pepper; gently stir into potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.