Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Easy Chicken Stuffing Bake

Looking for a FAST dinner that only gets one pot and one baking dish dirty?! I've got one...

I sorta made this up with influences from several friends and pins. I am a collector of one-pot meal recipess, not only because it makes clean-up easy, but because I am not often the one who is fixing it and feeding it to my kids. I run my own private music studio and therefore my work day begins around 3:00 and wraps up around 7:00. I have various caregivers during the week who watch the little ones while I am teaching, so these kind of meals are the BEST!

I can fix this meal ahead of time, cover it and leave it for my sitter to heat up when bellies start grumbling. It's super easy for her to scoop out and serve to all three of my kids. It's also easy for hubby to find and serve himself when he gets home from work. And if there's anything left for me when I am finished... I, too, can quickly get a bite to eat before bath time and tucking my children in for the night!

Here's what you'll need:

1-2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked and shredded
2 batches of cream of whatever soup (meaning 2/3 cup of mix with 2 1/2 cups of water, heated and stirred on the stove in a medium saucepan)
10 oz (or so) frozen veggies
Box of Stuffing (or homemade, whatever you like really)

Make the cream of whatever soup and pour it over the chicken and the veggies in a shallow baking dish. Stir until completely coated. Make stuffing according to directions - in the same saucepan that you heated the soup in - and spread it on top of the chicken mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes COVERED and then 15 more minutes UNCOVERED. Serve. That's it. So easy.

Enjoy!

No comments: