Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This Little Guy was a Favorite...

...so we'll post him again!
Last year I made these ornaments for several family members and it was a big hit! If you missed it the first time around, here it is again!!!

Be sure to check out the comments section on the first post because there were some great reader questions and suggestions.

So easy to make... got the idea from here. Modified.

Materials:
  • 3 bottle caps
  • ribbon
  • acrylic paint
  • permanent marker
  • orange scrap paper
  • embellishments (if desired)
  • hot glue
  • optional magnet dots
Paint the bottle caps with several coats of white acrylic paint. Mine took 3+. I also painted the backs of my caps because since it's an ornament, the back may be seen. I decided to ink the edges with a black stamp pad to make them stand out. Then I cut a little free-hand triangle from paper and glued it on as a nose. I used the marker to draw eyes, a mouth and buttons. I used some fluffy string/ribbon and a button to make a scarf for my snowman. Totally up to you on how you want to embellish him/her. My sister came up with the idea that this snowman could also be made into a magnet by putting magnet dots or a magnet strip on the back. Mine hangs from a ribbon loop. I also added some glitter to him to make his "snow sparkle!"



Try it! You'll like it!

No comments: