Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 18, 2013

Sharing Scrapbook Pages #1

A few years ago I scanned a lot of my scrapbook pages.  It wasn't a perfect system -- in the process I lost some of the details on the edges, but it was a good feeling knowing I had a digital version of all those somewhat vulnerable paper pages.

I thought I'd occasionally share a page or two or three with you -- even though some of them might look a bit "dated" (after all scrapbooking is an extremely trendy craft!) maybe some of the ideas, page design, subject matter, will inspire you.  At least, if you're like me, you'll enjoy looking at what someone else has created.

First Day '07

Simple design, simple text, simple story:  first-day-of-homeschool snapshots taken on the back porch.

sticker letters, ribbon, cardstock, pen

Singing Beach -- Manchester MA

Same basic layout, rotated and journaling added along the side, this time computer generated: a visit to a much-loved beach in Massachusetts.

sticker letters, patterned paper, cardstock, stickers

 {3}

Again, same basic layout, turning the photo strip a bit on the diagonal this time, with more room for lots of hand-written journaling along the side: celebrating my sisters and our relationship over the years.

patterned paper, cardstock, rubons, chipboard numbers, photo corners, pen

First Day of School

Back to the same design as the first layout above!  This time with a bit more liberal use of patterned paper and stickers.

patterned paper, stickers, stamps & ink