Quick and easy (anybody can do it) artwork for my daughter's room. I purchased a 2-pack of 8x10 canvases at WalMart for my project = $6. The second piece will be a butterfly made from her little baby footprints... will share soon!
Here is how I made the first one:
1. The canvases come primed, but I went ahead and put down some white acrylic paint on both the front and sides of the canvas.
2. I punched out shapes with my shape makers from a grouping of papers that matched each other. They also go with some other stuff in her room, of course!
3. I measured out a grid so that I would *hopefully* glue the shapes down straight and even.
4. I modge-podged each one individually and then coated the whole thing with a layer on top.
5. After that dried, I modged the second layer of shapes (the butterflies) and once again, covered the whole thing with another layer of modge. Super easy and it didn't take very long at all!!!
I can't wait to show it to you on her wall next to the second one. I just need to find some time to do it when my hubby is home to help hold her squirming little body while we stamp her feet! ;-)
I showed it to her after I hung it on the wall. I think she likes all the bright colors and shapes!