A small popcorn fire in the microwave bumped "clean the microwave" to the top of my cleaning to-do list... don't worry everyone is fine, just a little hungry.
Burnt popcorn has an unfortunate smell. But there is very easy solution -- that also makes use of my weekly basket contents as well (1 fresh lemon)!
How to Clean Your Microwave:
- Wipe any loose particles out with a damp cloth/sponge.
- Fill a microwave safe bowl or mug with water.
- Add the juice and half of a lemon.
- Boil the water in the microwave (this was about 3 minutes for me) until it is steaming.
- Let the microwave sit for a bit with the steam inside.
- Remove bowl and spinning glass thingy and clean it in your sink.
- Wipe down the microwave again.
- You're done and it smells lemon fresh!
|We have a used microwave that was already yellowed on the |
inside from the previous owner... but we can at least improve
it... see below!
|Much better!!! :-)|