- Heat a skillet or frying pan to medium.
- Take a slice of bread and cut a hole in the middle, about 2 inches in diameter. (Use a small cookie or biscuit cutter or a table knife works too.)
- Butter both sides of the bread and the "hole" as well.
- Place the slice in the pan and put the "hole" piece next to the slice in the pan.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the egg is set a bit and the slice is nicely browned, carefully flip the whole thing (and the "hole") with a pancake turner or sturdy spatula. Let the Bull's Eye continue cooking & browning until it is as cooked and browned as you like! (Some like to leave their egg soft or even a bit runny, some like it completely cooked through.)
- Slide onto a plate and enjoy with a glass of cold orange juice or milk.
TIP: Have your oldest child (who can safely use a knife and the stovetop) prepare this for everyone for breakfast. This would be a fun weekend treat if your child goes to school, or a perfect weekday "life skills" project for a homeschooled child!