Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scarecrow Craft

Inspired by some crafty pictures of kids and harvest decorations found on Pinterest, I decided it might be fun to make some scarecrows with the boys. My oldest is constantly asking to do this kind of thing, so I did it! Actually, I kind of made Daddy do it because I had to take care of the baby, but it was hilarious and they had a great time. Daddy + Craft Project = Fun

Materials:
Jumbo Popsicle Sticks (we used 9 across and 2 in the back to hold them all together)
Felt (for hat--or paper if you want)
Googley Eyes
Pom-Poms
Pipe Cleaners
Buttons
Scrapbook Paper
Ribbon
String/Wire (if you want to hang it)
Glue!!!

There are really no directions, just have fun!!!

The best part of making these scarecrow faces was that my younger son took the name "SCAREcrow" literally and chased his brother around the house with his scarecrow, going "Rahrrrrr!" They had a great time. To be honest, his scarecrow is a bit scary! (And also very cute because it was obviously done by a 2 year old.) Everybody is happy and that's a good thing!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The pic of Ben in the top left corner *kills* me. He is adorable and looks just like his momma :)