- Wash the outside of the pumpkin.
- Stab (yes, literally stab) the pumpkin with a long, sharp knife about 10 times all around the outside. Be very careful!!!
- Put the pumpkin in a baking dish (to catch any juices) and stick it in a 350 degree oven. Leave it in there for 90 minutes or at least until poking it with a fork is easy.
- Slice the pumpkin in half (it will be really easy to do) and let it cool so that you can work with it.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy gross stuff.
- Then scoop out the pumpkin flesh (or cut off the skin) and put it in a bowl.
- Go ahead and run it through the food processor or blender (or just store it and do that later before you are ready to use it).
- Freeze or use it right away!
What do you like to make with Pumpkin Puree?
Roll? Pie? Bread? Bars? Muffins? The list goes on...