Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Make Homemade Ranch Dressing

Making homemade ranch dressing is way easier than I realized! I am so excited about this discovery! The only catch with making homemade dressing is that you need to eat it up quick because it is missing all those preservatives [which is why I want to make it!], but that means it can "go bad" if you leave it in your fridge too long ... so don't forget about it! I doubt you will though, because it's goooood!

First you will need to make a Ranch Mix. This is a powder that you can keep in your pantry and then use it each time you want to make some dressing. 
You will need:
  • 5 Tbsp dried minced onion (I only had "chopped" so I just ran it through my chopper first.)
  • 7 tsp parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dried dill
  • 4 tsp salt (use less salt if you add a lot of cottage cheese)
Mix it up into a bowl and then pour it into a container to store. Super simple!
To make the dressing, add
  • 2 Tbsp ranch mix (above)
  • 1/2-1 cup cottage cheese (this adds great flavor and makes the dressing chunky... don't add it if you don't like that!)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup+ buttermilk (this last one is to make the dressing "runnier".... add enough to make it the consistency you want)
 I modified this recipe from one I found on Heavenly Homemakers.

No comments: