Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 5, 2012

*New and Improved* Best Granola Ever

Don't you just love when you've made a recipe long enough that you can make it in your sleep and you can make it even better or at least more suited to your own family's tastes each time you try it?

This is one of those recipes that I just can't get enough of --  She Eats Breakfast: Granola

I have been making it for over a year now and I have come to discover that you can pretty much add whatever you like to this and it's always yummy. Just keep sticking to the ratio that is listed of 1:1, etc. and you will be fine!

For example, I don't like coconut, so I have never added it. Instead I just used to always add an extra 1 cup of oatmeal. Now I just add 1 cup of anything I want to or whatever I have on-hand in my kitchen. Today's variation includes Slivered Almonds and Sunflower Seeds. I am excited to try it. I used to add nuts after baking, but that was silly. Go ahead and throw them in when you are mixing it all up!

I also have come to find that Cran-Strawberries are extremely good in this concoction.

Gotta love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla that fill the kitchen each time I make this stuff.