Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pumpkin Banana Muffins

Baking muffins is seriously one of my most favorite things to do this time of year. And muffins are my kids' favorite thing for me to make! I think that they love the individual portion sizes that muffins provide them. They can get them all by themselves from the container and they are ready to eat with no prep from Mom! So of course I love that, too!

If you have been here before, you have seen our recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Now, when I make anything-pumpkin, I usually LOVE to make my own pumpkin puree  but let's be real... now that I have four kids and three of them are in school, there's just not always enough time in the day to do everything from scratch that I want to! So, I buy the pumpkin puree in a can at my local grocery store. Problem is: it's never the right amount of oz for the recipes I am making! I always have leftover puree and I never know what to do with it... until now! I have found another KILLER muffin recipe that solves all my issues with pumpkin in a can!

Pumpkin Banana Muffins

Not only does this recipe only require 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (the EXACT amount I had sitting in my refrigerator) but it also takes a couple of overripe bananas that I had lying around. This is the best. It is so moist and incredibly flavorful and it combines my kids' two favorites into one glorious muffin.

The recipe is easy to follow and comes out mostly the way it is described. In my experience the muffins needed a little bit longer. I used my stone bake-ware and jumbo muffin cups. It did make 12 large muffins. I love how the recipe has you start at 425 and then lower to 350 - it helps the muffins rise and round up on the top.

Now I have the perfect after school snack for my kids to enjoy for several days a day or so! Actually I am not even sure if they will last until tomorrow... I think someone is eating one right now as I type this.