Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 7, 2011

October Challenge: Making Your Home a Haven

Last month, I challenged myself with 31 Days to Clean and this month I am learning from this blog about how to make my Home a Haven. Will you join me?


This week I have been focusing on Challenge #1:
Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen – the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home. (Courtney @ WomenLivingWell.org)

So here is what I am praying about when I see my candle burning.

1. Being engaged in what is going on around me. Stopping what I want to be doing to help another person. Being there for my family members.
2. Being on-top of my schedule so that we aren't rushing around, but can move throughout our daily tasks with ease!
3. Trying to get as much sleep as I can so that I can concentrate on being patient and pleasant!
4. Being content with my home and my situation.
5. Praying throughout the day; asking for guidance, but also praising God when things are going well. Being thankful for my children. Being thankful for my husband.

Now, in the words of my sister, "go have a good-smelly day!" 


Come back for more October Making Your Home a Haven challenges...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Burning good-smelling candles = definitely a plus about living in a cooler climate! And yes, candles and smells and light... all good things that can we can use to aid our prayer life. Thanks for sharing this idea!