Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Honey Roasted Almonds


I had a craving.

So I made these.

Don't you just love being an adult who can make something when you want it?

HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1627,147186-241192,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
2 c. whole almonds, skins on
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. almond or vegetable oil

Spread the almonds in a single layer in a shallow ungreased baking pan and place in a cold oven. Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until the internal color of nuts is tan (12 to 15 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside. Thoroughly mix the sugar and salt. Stir together the honey, water and oil in a medium size pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the roasted almonds and continue to cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the nuts (about 5 minutes). Immediately transfer to a medium bowl and sprinkle sugar mixture over all and toss. Spread on wax paper and cool.

Reading through the comments listed below this recipe's post... I added some cinnamon as well. Yum! I found that maybe I should have roasted the almonds a bit longer than 12 minutes (more like 15 or more!), but my hubby likes them so I will definitely be trying them again!