Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 8, 2013

Strawberry-Banana-Oats Smoothie

Thanks to this site I have found several more healthy meal-replacement smoothies to try!

Unfortunately my blender jar was in the dishwasher this morning. And of course it hasn't been run yet... so lazy me decided to try making my smoothie in the food processor instead. Which of course makes absolutely no sense since now not only do I have a dirty blender but also a dirty food processor. Yes, I am THAT smart.

But I got my smoothie in my belly faster and that's all that matters really.

Here's the recipe:

1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp maple syrup
1 cup diced strawberries
1 banana
A small handful almonds
1/2 cup old fashioned oats

Blend! {or Process!}

When you are done, toss it in a large glass and grab a straw. It's a bit gritty because of the nuts, but it goes down just fine when you drink it through a straw. It has an earthy taste but is sweetened by the fruit and syrup. Even the baby girl gave it a few sips!